• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident with military vehicle and self

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tinnmann30

i am in the army reserves and i was involved in an accident in michigan with a military vehicle that had faulty brakes. i had to swerve to avoid running over another vehicle and killing three people. this resulted in a crash and a broken leg to myself. because of the accident i had to use sick and annual leave from my civillian job. i was told i could not stay on active duty status. i was told that tri-care insurance was going to take care of the med. bills. i now have collection agencies after me because the bills are not being paid. it has now been 5 months since the accident and i have to go back to the doctor because of pain in my leg caused by the accident. the accident happened while i was on active duty status and at the fault of faulty equipment, and now i have to suffer and struggle to keep my finances in tact. what can i do to clear this mess up. i tried chain of command and j.a.g. havn't had much luck. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

was this weekend or were you on your 2 weeks, active duty tells me it was your 2 weeks. if you were on 2 weeks adt you should of been placed on extended actvie duty for medical reasons. remember when that guy died doing weekend drills and he was not covered, changes were finially made in the way the law is read. i would like to see that vehicle maint log. best bet is to get your representive involved. i had a problem years ago with the va and I contacted him and got results. bart stupak, carl levin for ex if you have tried everything else.

ALawyer

You got good advice. If you've gone to your CO, and also the JAG officer, and they have told you they can not help, and you have documented it, the next step should be to call or write the office of your Congressman and/or one of your Senators (but tell them if you are writing to others also).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">