• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accindent in turn lane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

a40218t

What is the name of your state? Texas
I had an accident in the turn lane. I was avoiding a collision in the main lane of a four lane road (2 against 2 with a center turn lane) so I moved over into the turn lane. So I indicated right, to get back into the main lanes as an intersection was approaching and I wanted to go straight. As I was indincating, I was moving as it was ruch hour and no one would let me into the main lanes. The other party was allowed access from a shopping complex to cross the mainlanes and we collided as she entered into the turn lane. The cop gave me a ticket for driving in the turn lane not to turn left or over take.

Do I have any re-course?????

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

a40218t said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I had an accident in the turn lane. I was avoiding a collision in the main lane of a four lane road (2 against 2 with a center turn lane) so I moved over into the turn lane. So I indicated right, to get back into the main lanes as an intersection was approaching and I wanted to go straight. As I was indincating, I was moving as it was ruch hour and no one would let me into the main lanes. The other party was allowed access from a shopping complex to cross the mainlanes and we collided as she entered into the turn lane. The cop gave me a ticket for driving in the turn lane not to turn left or over take.

Do I have any re-course?????

My response:

Recourse to do what? Clearly, you were wrong. It doesn't matter what you were thinking, or that you were indicating. The fact is, you were in the left-turn lane and didn't turn left.

End of discussion.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">