• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Account has been Frozen for a Year, PLEASE help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phatjoe

What is the name of your state? Joe, Illinois

Hello Everyone:

I_m new to the board, and hoping someone can provide support/next steps/guidance. I believe this is posted in the correct forum.

Background:
June 2006, my fiancée attempted to withdraw funds from her account, and could not. She called the bank who indicated her account was frozen, and they gave her the name of the law firm to contact for more information.

The law firm indicated that due to past balances, creditors have asked for their money, which led to her account being frozen. They indicated that she had charges in New Jersey.

The company she worked for had a helpful attorney, who arranged a meeting with a judge last summer. My fiancée indicated that she resides in Illinois, and did not make those charges (basically, wasn't her).

Results:
A motion was set to unfreeze her account in December 2006. It was unfrozen for 2 weeks, and then more allegations came against her account, and was frozen once again.

The first week of April 2007, she met with the judge and attorney. I believe the action plan was: send motion to unfreeze her acct > paperwork sent to bank > acct is open
The judge indicated her account should be accessible in 4 wks. It_s been about 8 weeks and her account is still frozen. Her bank's legal team will only speak with my fiancee's attorney. Unfortunately, the attorney has her own personal problems and hasn't returned a phone call to us in the past 2 weeks.

Help:
The emotional/mental strain this has had on us is impossible measure. It seems like we are always told we will hear back in a couple weeks, which leads to months, and now going onto a year. Can someone please indicate possible next steps, or someone to call.

Thanks,

Joe

Last edited:

Ladynred

Definitely get a new attorney - try www.NACA.net for a consumer protection attorney.

If your fiance's account has been frozen, then there are judgments against her, apparently in NJ. Just asking for the bank account to be unfrozen is ineffective - the judgment(s) need to be dealt with, especially if your fiance is the vicitm of Identity Theft and fraud.

You need a lawyer that can deal with getting rid of those judgments.

In IL, you might try www.edcombs.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">