• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accusation of violation not commited

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Faithnme0604

About a year ago I picked up a one time gig shift in another county. I remember that day vividly. When going into the far right turn lane- in front of me were 2 horizontal rows of cones. One in front of the cross walk and one in behind. On the corner a " No turn on red light " sign. My car was in the back row of cones. I drove forward, then reversed a bit to not avoid being over the line. I then waited for the green light. As I began to drive I a light flashed at me. I didn't know why however I assumed they'd see the camera & know I never went through the light. There are errors all over on the lights in my city. Moving forward to Present. I was given a paper by my father as I hadn't recieved mail due to being homeless. It stated I was to pay fines etc for a violation of not stopping or have my license suspended. Since I don't live there I knew exactly what they were talking about.I didn't do anything so I didn't understand. I called the numbers provided. No one answered. I contacted the clerk & was told to message the judge. I did so immediately. I explained what had happened. I also explained the reason I hadn't replied sooner was due to me becoming homeless twice during covid. As well as having severe case of it myself. Twice. I also lost two cousins..and was rear ended with injuries that costed my job & played a role in needing that shift. Hence why I was there. I explained had I commited this violation id of course find some way to pay and take responsibility. However. I did NOT go through that light. I explained suspension of my license would put me in further distress mentally and physically. I have doctor apointments for severe injuries , & mental health. The response I recieved was to either pay for something I did not do. Put a mark on my driving record I don't deserve. Or request a hearing months out. Those aren't options. I'm imploding & the burdens I carry on my back don't allow anymore. I contacted The Red light programs in the counties, to find they're closed. I need to get a copy of that video. This isn't right & I won't be bullied when I know the truth. Due to covid the staff barely exists. I find it hard to believe there was time to send me a bill and a false violation- Yet. When it comes to justice and defending ones self - No one is available. Please. If anyone can guide me it would be appreciated.

Just Blue

About a year ago I picked up a one time gig shift in another county. I remember that day vividly. When going into the far right turn lane- in front of me were 2 horizontal rows of cones. One in front of the cross walk and one in behind. On the corner a " No turn on red light " sign. My car was in the back row of cones. I drove forward, then reversed a bit to not avoid being over the line. I then waited for the green light. As I began to drive I a light flashed at me. I didn't know why however I assumed they'd see the camera & know I never went through the light. There are errors all over on the lights in my city. Moving forward to Present. I was given a paper by my father as I hadn't recieved mail due to being homeless. It stated I was to pay fines etc for a violation of not stopping or have my license suspended. Since I don't live there I knew exactly what they were talking about.I didn't do anything so I didn't understand. I called the numbers provided. No one answered. I contacted the clerk & was told to message the judge. I did so immediately. I explained what had happened. I also explained the reason I hadn't replied sooner was due to me becoming homeless twice during covid. As well as having severe case of it myself. Twice. I also lost two cousins..and was rear ended with injuries that costed my job & played a role in needing that shift. Hence why I was there. I explained had I commited this violation id of course find some way to pay and take responsibility. However. I did NOT go through that light. I explained suspension of my license would put me in further distress mentally and physically. I have doctor apointments for severe injuries , & mental health. The response I recieved was to either pay for something I did not do. Put a mark on my driving record I don't deserve. Or request a hearing months out. Those aren't options. I'm imploding & the burdens I carry on my back don't allow anymore. I contacted The Red light programs in the counties, to find they're closed. I need to get a copy of that video. This isn't right & I won't be bullied when I know the truth. Due to covid the staff barely exists. I find it hard to believe there was time to send me a bill and a false violation- Yet. When it comes to justice and defending ones self - No one is available. Please. If anyone can guide me it would be appreciated.
What State? What exactly were you cited for... What code?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In California, once you crossed the "limit line", you committed the violation.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
The response I recieved was to either pay for something I did not do. Put a mark on my driving record I don't deserve. Or request a hearing months out. Those aren't options.
I'm sorry, but those are two options. And they are realistically the only two options you'll get. You need to have a hearing if you want to contest the ticket. You don't get that taken care of in a phone call. Your problems, as difficult as they are, aren't going to get you a hearing tomorrow. The court will already have hearings scheduled for several weeks out, and those folks deserve the day in court they already have. The court isn't going to bump someone else's hearing to move you up to a date you like better.

I need to get a copy of that video.
It may not be a video. It may simply be a photo that is triggered when your car enters the intersection when the light is red. Note that in many states you don't have to pass through the intersection to be guilty. Simply having some part of your car go over the line is often enough to trigger the violation. If that's the rule in the state this occurred then going over the line when the light is red is all it took to make you guilty; moving the car back afterwards wouldn't cure the violation.

quincy

Q, This thread is 2 months old and OP never returned. Brackwom once again dug up an old thread to post nothing of value.
I just reported a few of Brock’s posts that were posted to threads older than this one. This thread seemed recent in comparison. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">