• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused but never arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nyrican1968

My friend was in a car with a male driver they went and met up with an other guy and a transaction of one envelope filled with 100 MNDA pills. The guy an undercover cop handed 1600.00 in cash to my friend she then handed it to the driver and was informed by the driver that the pills he just sold were fake. She was never arrested for on that day. This was back in August of 2000. On October 3 2000, my friend recieved a telephone call from a detective stating that she had 3 felony warrants for her arrest, (possession,traffiking,and possession with intent). At that time she was instructed to go to an investigations house where at that point she was given 3 photostatic copies of warrants, she was also asked several questions pertaining to the afternoon in August. Then she was instructed to sign a piece of paper stating the she was read her rights and another paper that had all the answers to the questions that the officer had asked her. At this point the officer told her that she being unarrested, driven home, and instructed to call back the following day. Now the intensions of the officer was for my friend to roll over and give up names and set up bigger fish. Unfortunately my friend couldnt assist them. On Saturday while reading the newspaper my friend noticed her name in a column stating that she had been arrested for 3 felony offenses. After noticing this she got in contact with the officer and asked what was going on? His reply was that there are 3 outstanding warrants for her arrest since she could not comply with assisting them.
Please inform me of what her options are.
Please note that the defendant was 16 years old at the time and has just turned 17.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">