• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Across State Lines -

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I currently reside in the state of NJ and I'm employed in the state of PA. An agency representing a credit card debt has warned me that they will garnish my wages. It is my understanding that PA does not permit a wage garmishment for debt collection (student loans and child support is enforced). Is this correct? Should this firm take action to file for a judgement, and win, can they attach my wages in the state of PA if a ruling is made in NJ where I reside?

Thanks for your assistance! Keep smiling...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential