• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Actor release for "no budget" independent film

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ginomb

Hi.
I live in Seattle, WA.
I need to know if this release works:

I hereby irrevocably grant to ____________ (herein "The Producer") and any parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations and their respective successors, assigns, licensees, employees and agents, the right in perpetuity throughout the universe, and in all now known and hereafter existing media, and in any language, to use my name (including any fictitious names heretofore or hereafter used by me), physical likeness and/or voice in and in connection with the production, exhibition, exploitation, merchandising, advertising and promotion of the motion picture tentatively entitled ________________ (herein "The Picture").

I agree that the foregoing grant includes the right to use my physical likeness in any form, including, without limitation, a photograph, picture, artistic rendering, silhouette or other reproduction by photograph, film, tape, or otherwise.

I represent to the best of my knowledge that the consent of no other persons, firm corporation or labor organization is required to enable The Producer to use my name, likeness and/or voice as described herein and that such use will not violate the rights of any third parties.

All rights, title and interest in and to the results of the services and performances rendered by me in connection with the production of The Picture or any portion therefore shall, from its inception, be the sole property of The Producer, free from any claim whatsoever by me or any other person.

I indemnify The Producer and the owners of any locations used against any claims and demands of personal injury, damage to property, and death resulting from my work on The Picture.

I understand that I am responsible for all necessary personal injury, death, and liability insurances, and am responsible for any damage caused by my actions and by my personal property used during my work on The Picture. I accept full responsibility for all personal risks during my work on The Picture.

It is agreed that I will receive no compensation at the time of the signing of this release and the delivery of the services and performances rendered by me. I understand that The Producer is not guaranteed to realize profits from the production, exhibition, distribution, rental, lease or sale of The Picture. Should The Producer realize profits which exceed the cost of production and distribution, however, I shall be compensated with a profit participation of two percent (2 %) of the Producer’s net income from The Picture, provided I fulfill all scheduled services and performances required from me toward the completion of The Picture. It is agreed that such compensation shall be deferred and paid pro rate on at least a semi-annual basis, once such net income from The Picture exists.

I understand that I will receive credit under the following name in the screen credits of the completed production: Name for Screen Credits_______________________________________________

I hereby certify and represent that I am over 18 years of age and have read the foregoing and fully understand the meaning and effect thereof.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">