• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ad Litem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momshummingbird

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? n.c.

I have a question concerning a man who is doing illegal things. I have a daughter who is 29 and is completely capable of making her own decisions. This man has tried to go to a cable company and pretended to be her guardian ad litem. He tried to stop her from getting cable because he was on the lease where she lived. The cable was not going to be in his name anyway. He also called the phone company and found out she had a bill and there again pretended to be her guardian ad litem. Is there a privacy act that he cannot obtain information without her approval? He called my landlord and told them that the law had been called to my residence twice. I got evicted and had three days to move. He shows his credentials everywhere he goes and knows his way around the system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">