• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ada discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tlea01

I have worked for the same company for 5 years and have always been considered a good employee. In February of 1998 i was diegnosed with Hepatitis-c and have been under Ribaviron Therapy for 2 years. At first I tried working the regular hours (3 nights from 12 noon until 9 pm and 2 days 8-5), but found that working that late maid me dangerously tired, which caused me to nod off while driving home. My doctor restricted me to working until 5 pm. Since I have worked these hours I have still managed to keep my good standing. I am being harrased by my Director now about she does not understand how I can only work until 5pm, yet I can go to mandated company functions in the evening hours, and has requested an updated doctors note regarding my hours, I have complied but the 2 notes from the doctor are not specific enough, so she has requested a 3rd note. I am being threatehed with having to resume evening hours if they donot think my note is not good enough. I have filed a greivence with Human Resourses concering this and feel as though I am being watched wherever I go and have become afraid to go anywhere once I get off work for fear that it will be used against me. What can I do about this?

A

Attorney_Replogle

Your medical condition may qualify as a covered disability under the federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If so, then the modified work schedule you are currently working is a proper accommodation made by your employer.

Your employer's constant questioning of whether you are indeed disabled seems to be improper. Just because you occassionaly attend a company night-time function doesn't mean that you are not medically disabled and in need of the modified work schedule.

I would suggest that you consult with your own employment law attorney near you for further advise. Don't think that the Human Resources will work for you. You can find an attorney near you by going to attorneypages.com.

For more information on the ADA, go to freeadvice.com/law/531us.htm.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

T

tlea01

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tlea01:
I have worked for the same company for 5 years and have always been considered a good employee. In February of 1998 i was diegnosed with Hepatitis-c and have been under Ribaviron Therapy for 2 years. At first I tried working the regular hours (3 nights from 12 noon until 9 pm and 2 days 8-5), but found that working that late maid me dangerously tired, which caused me to nod off while driving home. My doctor restricted me to working until 5 pm. Since I have worked these hours I have still managed to keep my good standing. I am being harrased by my Director now about she does not understand how I can only work until 5pm, yet I can go to mandated company functions in the evening hours, and has requested an updated doctors note regarding my hours, I have complied but the 2 notes from the doctor are not specific enough, so she has requested a 3rd note. I am being threatehed with having to resume evening hours if they donot think my note is not good enough. I have filed a greivence with Human Resourses concering this and feel as though I am being watched wherever I go and have become afraid to go anywhere once I get off work for fear that it will be used against me. What can I do about this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">