• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Add someone share to property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alezajex

What is the name of your state? VA

I owned house along with my brother. After we refinanced my name was removed from deed/mortgage. The person who owns house now agreed to give X% of shares to property

how can we do that? I don’t have a job now so I can’t be mortgage, right?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I owned house along with my brother. After we refinanced my name was removed from deed/mortgage. The person who owns house now agreed to give X% of shares to property

There's no need to start another thread on the same topic.

quincy

What do you mean by the “new owner” agreeing to give “X% of shares” to the property? Your brother is the owner of the house, right?

Who removed your name from the mortgage and deed? Did you sell or give your interest in the property to your brother?

Refinancing does not change the name on a mortgage or a deed.

zddoodah

Why did you start a new thread rather than post in the existing thread?

The person who owns house now agreed to give X% of shares to property
So...the owner of the house -- your brother -- to whom you gifted your interest two years ago has "now agreed to give X? of shares to property" to whom? What does this mean? What is the reason for all of the back and forth gifting of this property among you and your family members? Is it a scheme to keep your wife from acquiring a share of the property?

how can we do that?
Your brother can execute all the deeds he wants, and it seems like you already know how to do that.

I don’t have a job now so I can’t be mortgage, right?
That's up to the mortgage lender.

quincy

There was no need for alezajex to create this second thread. A link to the first thread is provided in my previous post.

I will ask the moderator to lock this thread from further comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">