• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adding a creditor to a Bankruptcy after the fact

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

How long after a chapt 7 is discharged can you reopen it to add a credit card creditor that should have been included at the time, but was not? I have read differing opinions.

Also, this company went into an account I held in another institution, and emptied it without my permission. There was not a lot of money in it; but how can that be legal?

bigun

Contact your attorney and find out how your district handles this. In a no asset Chapter 7 it may not be necessary to reopen.

As to the other question-sounds like you had a judgment entered against you and the creditor did an asset search and was able to identify and levy the bank account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">