• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

addition/probate/theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

oldestkid

What is the name of your state? north carolina
unfortunately, my sister is in wisconsin while her boyfriend is in jail/prison for un-paid child support and skipping bail on assault with a deadly weapon charge. he is due to get out on work release or get out period on the 15th. I'll be going to the magistrate on monday to file a restaining order. (they've already stolen my car once before.) Can i file grand theft charges on them? my mom's furniture was estimated at $19,500.00? I'd probably drop the charges if we could get our mom's things back--but honestly, i don't see that happening. i think they are using it for income. we found pawn tickets in my car after we recovered it with my sisters boyfriends name on the ticket. the items pawned were my mothers. isn't that theft? the day they called the police on us, the officer noticed thar my sister was packing things up in her van. does that count for anything? the officer heard her tell three different stories about the possessions and asked me if she was on drugs. i hate to say it, but i think she is. she thinks she is in the right,even if the courts go against her. there has to be a way_legally_ that i could retrieve our mom's belongings.that's all that matters to my sisters and myself.we don't want to see our sister locked up;then again, she has torn our family apart (in more ways than one) that we don't want to be involved with her because of her actions.is there any other way we may go about this? she will never willingly tell us where our mothers things are--even if it means time in jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">