• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Additional money not added in auto sale contract.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charlie78

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
PA.

Hello I purchased a used vehicle from a dealership back in March of this year the listed price of the vehicle was $18,000
I had a current car loan at the time so the dealer said they would add the remaining of the loan onto the new loan.
Needless to say I went in the dealership desperate for a car because my work vehicle broke so instead of leaving with a 8K car which I had planned for I left with a 27K car note.
The dealer said that was the only car he could finance for me.
I been telling people around me about my situation so they said try to go to a different dealership and see what they could do.
So today I went to a dealership and explained what happened that day and showed them the paperwork I received and the lady said its not stated in the contract where all the extra money from the loan they have added is at.
She said if they paid my previous loan off and added onto my current loan it should be stated in contract and they are breach of contract and that this is illegal in the state of PA to not have it in contract.
It doesn't even state the original sale price off the car (18K).

I really regret making this poor decision and hope I can get out of this some way.

Any free advice? :(

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
PA.

Hello I purchased a used vehicle from a dealership back in March of this year the listed price of the vehicle was $18,000
I had a current car loan at the time so the dealer said they would add the remaining of the loan onto the new loan.
Needless to say I went in the dealership desperate for a car because my work vehicle broke so instead of leaving with a 8K car which I had planned for I left with a 27K car note.
The dealer said that was the only car he could finance for me.
I been telling people around me about my situation so they said try to go to a different dealership and see what they could do.
So today I went to a dealership and explained what happened that day and showed them the paperwork I received and the lady said its not stated in the contract where all the extra money from the loan they have added is at.
She said if they paid my previous loan off and added onto my current loan it should be stated in contract and they are breach of contract and that this is illegal in the state of PA to not have it in contract.
It doesn't even state the original sale price off the car (18K).

I really regret making this poor decision and hope I can get out of this some way.

Any free advice? :(
I will tell you this: Taking the paperwork to another car dealer and expecting an HONEST assesment is foolish.

Take the paperwork to an attorney. THEN you should get a LEGALLY honest answer. :)

BL

I will tell you this: Taking the paperwork to another car dealer and expecting an HONEST assesment is foolish.

Take the paperwork to an attorney. THEN you should get a LEGALLY honest answer. :)
Exactly , and you signed papers ? really? You had no clue ?

Come on,was your're first car financed?

Consult an Attorney as as was suggested .If you indeed got screwed over it will be recitified,but I gotta ask ,didn't they tell you the price of your new car? Maybe your old one turned up as junk?

charlie78

Well I took the car to the dealership yesterday to see if we could trade it in with the negative equity and the salesperson asked why there was so much negative on it so I explained so thats how it came about myself showing her my contract. I was just curious about her statement saying the payoff of the old loan needed to be on the new contract as a addition to the note.
No its not my first car purchase but indeed the worst one to date.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well I took the car to the dealership yesterday to see if we could trade it in with the negative equity and the salesperson asked why there was so much negative on it so I explained so thats how it came about myself showing her my contract. I was just curious about her statement saying the payoff of the old loan needed to be on the new contract as a addition to the note.
No its not my first car purchase but indeed the worst one to date.
You wanted to trade in a car you had for four months? Don't take legal advice from non lawyers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">