• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Address on forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

defulio

What is the name of your state? GA but I will be moving to Florida shortly after applying for change of status due to marriage

Hi Lana. I would like official lawyers advice regarding the address to put on each of the forms I must submit for change of status. I am temporarily living in GA. After my marriage I will move to Florida to live with my husband. The lease on his tiny apartment expires two months later, and we will move into a larger place together. Should I put down an address of someone we know will be living in the same place 6mths from now, should I put my GA address, or should I put my fiance's current address? I would hate for the wrong address to slow down the paperwork's progress, or worse, invalidate it!!!!

Thanks very much.

Kirsty :confused:

ImmigAttyLana

I would suggest that you only put the address where you are currently living at the time of filing and probably file it after you move to Florida. Then if you move from the current apartment where your husband is living, be sure to update the USCIS with the new address, both by notifying the local office where the case will be pending as well as submitting the AR-11 as instructed to do on that form.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">