• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adj of status

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shellyjo

What is the name of your state?md
Have couple of querries. What forms do i need to adjust my status based on marriage to a usc. Also i know the affidavit of support is one of those and if my wifes tax return cant prove that she makes 125% above poverty line but does make way over now whats the way to go about that. Also we dont live together currently but have two kids together is that gonna complicate matters.

evcalyptos

shellyjo said:
What is the name of your state?md
Have couple of querries. What forms do i need to adjust my status based on marriage to a usc. Also i know the affidavit of support is one of those and if my wifes tax return cant prove that she makes 125% above poverty line but does make way over now whats the way to go about that. Also we dont live together currently but have two kids together is that gonna complicate matters.
How Do I Become a Lawful Permanent Resident While in the United States?
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/legpermres.htm

She should prepare evidence of her current employment/income.

The reason why you don't live together will probably make a difference.

The addition of children will raise the amount of income your wife has to show.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">