• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adjoining lot to our home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gabroch

indiana

we recently (1 year ago) purchased an historic home from the owners. there is a seperate lot, adjoining the property that their children, possibly unbeknownst to them, decided to hold on to for "sentimental" reasons. though in good faith, they offered to sell the lot to us "in time" because the lot "should never be separated from the home." it seems money has outweighed their "sentimental" motives.

according to the signed agreement, we purchased the home with a first right of refusal on the lot. we received a document signed by the p.o.a. (their daughter) stating that the lot would be sold for $25,000. 1 month later the lot was listed on the mls for 24,900.

do we have a leg to stand on legally? the lot was sold but has not closed. do we have a leg to stand on, considering not only was the lot listed for a price under the initial asking price presented to us but also, the lot was sold without notifying us?

thank you for your response.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

If you've told us everything, and haven't held back any facts; e.g., by coming up with new facts later on in this thread, then based upon your initial post, my first step would be to file a lawsuit for breach of contract, contractual bad faith, fraud, AND for an injunction.

IAAL

JETX

"they offered to sell the lot to us "in time" because the lot "should never be separated from the home."
*** Was this 'agreement' in writing??

HomeGuru

JETX, the writer stated the following:

according to the signed agreement, we purchased the home with a first right of refusal on the lot. we received a document signed by the p.o.a. (their daughter) stating that the lot would be sold for $25,000.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">