• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Administratively Dismissed meaning?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

England2018

I am British and live in the UK, was arrested in Orlando in 2002 while on Vacation, posted bailed, got out that evening.
went home on my flight days later as normal.
Bailbondsman said they would resolve the case for me, he couldn't, there was a court case arranged in 2003.

I book a short trip so I could attend the court date, but was denied entry at Orlando airport and therefore missed it.

Never been back or attempted to since. I found out in last year that the case had been "administratively dismissed" in 2013 (10 years after the court date I missed)

What exactly does "administratively dismissed" If I managed to obtain a U.S visa again, would I be arrested?

Any information would be helpful. Thank you

Just Blue

I am British and live in the UK, was arrested in Orlando in 2002 while on Vacation, posted bailed, got out that evening.
Bailbondsman said they would resolve the case for me, he couldn't, there was a court case arranged in 2003.

I book a short trip so I could attend the court date, but was denied entry at Orlando airport and therefore missed it.

Never been back or attempted to since. I found out in last year that the case had been "administratively dismissed" in 2013 (10 years after the court date I missed)

What exactly does "administratively dismissed" If I managed to obtain a U.S visa again, would I be arrested?

What were you arrested for?

LdiJ

Administratively dismissed means that the case was dismissed for lack of prosecution. Apparently the prosecutor left it in limbo and eventually the court dismissed it.

No, you would not be arrested if you were able to get a visa again. The case has been dismissed.

England2018

Administratively dismissed means that the case was dismissed for lack of prosecution. Apparently the prosecutor left it in limbo and eventually the court dismissed it.

No, you would not be arrested if you were able to get a visa again. The case has been dismissed.
Thank you for clarification. much appreciated

England2018

Why were you denied entry? Just curious.
sorry for the delay, I ticked something on my Visa Waiver wrong in 2003, when returning for the court case, (maybe I ticked No, to ever charged of a crime) I was around 20, no law experience and the U.S Lawyer I'd hired gave no advice when trying to return for the court case

England2018

I would think because there was a warrant issued. OP left it to the BB to resolve his legal issue. :rolleyes:
Well the warrant came (I assume) a few days after I was refused entry into the USA in 2003, as I arrived a couple of days prior to the court date
was refused entry into the USA, so missed the court date
found out in 2017 that it had been administratively dismissed in 2013.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">