• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Administrator Intentionally Hid 4 Brokerage Accounts and Just Transferred them to Herself

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

One of them stuck out like a sore thumb on the court filing back in May that I have asked her about at least 7 or 8 times and have been ignored everytime. I had to call Schwab and tell them to call the authorities before it finally showed up on their November 7th Formal Letter of the accounting.

Since she tried to bypass probate for a property in Utah, I filed a petition to be the administrator and got it. I then changed the mailing address on the estate bank account. Now that only one thing, the Nevada home that she is fire selling, she must have thought the coast was clear and transferred 3 accounts totaling around 50k into her name and won't be claiming it on the estate.

She already stole our father's estate and I have enormous supporting evidence of her frauds. What is the best way of make her pay for her sins?

a. Go down and be heard by the judge with an order to show cause or similar action
b. Let it get all the way done so she can't claim that she was about to add it to the accounting.

I guess I just need to know at what point does it become a crime??

quincy

As soon as the administrator of the estate transferred estate assets to her name for her personal benefit, she committed a crime.

Was the administrator court-appointed?

ALawyer

In order to transfer title to real estate held in the name of a decedent it is typically necessary to file for "ancillary probate" in each state in which the real estate is located.

Although the facts set out are somewhat incomplete and unclear, I assume that the decedent lived in Utah and the named personal representative filed for probate there, and as typically would be required by local [in this case Utah] law (and I am not a Utah lawyer so I assume that is what happened) notice of the filing, and an opportunity to object, was given to the decedent's heirs at law.

To change title to Nevada real estate the person seeking to become named a personal representative in Nevada would have to make a similar filing, and the Nevada court might require the personal representative to again provide notice to heirs at law (although I am not a Nevada lawyer).

If you think the personal representative is dishonest or will not comply with applicable law, get an attorney immediately and have the attorney file the necessary objections to the supposedly dishonest person serving as personal representative.

quincy

It is not just real estate holdings but brokerage accounts that might have been mishandled by the estate’s original administrator.

I agree that CashFuture should have an attorney.

My mom owned two homes, one in Utah and one in Vegas. My sister filed Ex Parte Special Administrator and broke in with police assistance while I was hosting the funeral.

Since they broke in through the garage, they moved a bunch of boxes to make room for ramming the pantry door and found the elusive safe under a bunch of cleaning supplies. She stole all the cash and destroyed the Will. She was dumb enough to leave the envelope behind with a bunch of other stuff but my god is this woman evil.

She is mishandling everything and her lawyers and helping her do it 100%. They aren't lawyers, they are aiding criminal activity and I think it's an estate scam I'm in the middle of and the judge might even be involved. Vegas is one fu&%$* up town to have a parent die in. I don't wish it on anybody.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll be on a flight tomorrow to file all the evidence. Hopefully I don't get wacked in the process.

She is transferring the money to an account that is named like this:

Decedent First and Last
C/O Bridget Black
Her home address
Phoenix, AZ

So yeah, that's not an estate account. Awesome, I can't wait to nail her with this golden evidence! :) I

quincy

I think you should review everything with an attorney in your area.

I start having doubts about what is actually going on when someone starts saying lawyers and judges might all be involved in criminal activities.

Good luck.

t74

I have doubts about lawyers - and others with fiduciary responsibiliites - who would draw up a new will making major changes in beneficiaries or advise major changes to financial plans when the client is obviously unable to understand the consequences of the changes.

quincy

I don’t think most attorneys are willing to risk their licenses in that way ... but there are a few lawyers and judges who violate their professional rules of conduct, and laws.

It is worth a review by a trusted professional.

t74

I don’t think most attorneys are willing to risk their licenses in that way ... but there are a few lawyers and judges who violate their professional rules of conduct, and laws.

It is worth a review by a trusted professional.
Often the cost of a challenge is more than what might be gained. I imagine many attorneys are deceived by their clients or are not aware of other actions that might be affected by the current activity.

It is truly sad when one cannot trust the person chosen to be trustee, executor, personal representative, power of attorney and devastating when it is a sibling on the parents care and estate.

Well, this whole thing has been bizarre. I'd really like to know if I'm out of line or not. [link removed]. I found out later, that he went to college with her lawyer.

If there are grounds for concern there, then I can show 1 page from the June 7th the transcripts where my replacement lawyer was only given one week to prepare after asking for three. Which led to me getting steamrolled by the judge that following week by myself at court.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well, this whole thing has been bizarre. I'd really like to know if I'm out of line or not. I found out later, that he went to college with her lawyer.

If there are grounds for concern there, then I can show 1 page from the June 7th the transcripts where my replacement lawyer was only given one week to prepare after asking for three. Which led to me getting steamrolled by the judge that following week by myself at court.
I've removed the link and reported your post. The link is not proper in this forum.

quincy

Is it because I didn't redact the names?
Personal identifying information should not be posted on this forum. This is for your protection and the protection of anyone else who would otherwise be identified or identifiable.

Adding links to threads tend to be frowned upon on this site unless the links are to government or educational sites.

In addition, no one on this forum can analyze legal documents so publishing them is generally a waste. For document review, you need to see an attorney licensed to practice in your own jurisdiction.

LdiJ

My mom owned two homes, one in Utah and one in Vegas. My sister filed Ex Parte Special Administrator and broke in with police assistance while I was hosting the funeral.

Since they broke in through the garage, they moved a bunch of boxes to make room for ramming the pantry door and found the elusive safe under a bunch of cleaning supplies. She stole all the cash and destroyed the Will. She was dumb enough to leave the envelope behind with a bunch of other stuff but my god is this woman evil.

She is mishandling everything and her lawyers and helping her do it 100%. They aren't lawyers, they are aiding criminal activity and I think it's an estate scam I'm in the middle of and the judge might even be involved. Vegas is one fu&%$* up town to have a parent die in. I don't wish it on anybody.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll be on a flight tomorrow to file all the evidence. Hopefully I don't get wacked in the process.

She is transferring the money to an account that is named like this:

Decedent First and Last
C/O Bridget Black
Her home address
Phoenix, AZ

So yeah, that's not an estate account. Awesome, I can't wait to nail her with this golden evidence! :) I
I am a little concerned that the account might actually be an estate account. The decedent is the person who died, and a c/o address does not make it the property of the person listed as the c/o. The critical issue is whose SSN or EIN is attached to the account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">