• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adopted do i still pay??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have a friend whose husband signed over his rights to his daughter to his ex. Her husband adopted her but he is still paying child suport. Is this possible??? what can he do??? my friend said that the wife even got an increase in child support n didnt notify the judge of the adoption(he wasnt at the hearing because he lived in a dif. state at the time)

seniorjudge

newmommy20 said:

I have a friend whose husband signed over his rights to his daughter to his ex. Her husband adopted her but he is still paying child suport. Is this possible??? what can he do??? my friend said that the wife even got an increase in child support n didnt notify the judge of the adoption(he wasnt at the hearing because he lived in a dif. state at the time)
Once the parental termination is ordered, there is no more child support.

However, the back child support does not go away and must still be paid.

Gracie3787

newmommy20 said:

The father needs to contact DOR CSE and send them CERTIFIED copies of the court orders terminating his parental rights and the adoption order. If he does this they will stop all on-going CS. However, if he owes arrears he'll have to pay those off.
Gracie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">