• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adopted my baby at 18

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kristy5553

Wyoming

I had my baby on march 7th of this year at 11:40 pm. Not even 12 hours later the Adoptive moms lawyer had me sign the papers when i was doped up on morphine and oxycotton. I was not legally represented and when her lawyer cam in my room she asked if i want a lawyer while i couldnt even read the document because my vision was blurry from lack of sleep. I had a c section and was put to sleep for it because i have such bad anxiety. I was never given a copy of the adoption records and everytime i ask they say "you need to be patient". It was a closed adoption, however live right down the street from me. The baby is almost 3 months old now.. not sure what to do. Any help would be much appreciated

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Wyoming

The baby is almost 3 months old now.. not sure what to do. Any help would be much appreciated
It is not clear what you want. If you want to undo the adoption, that will be difficult and you need to see a family law attorney ASAP. Wyoming law provides that your consent to the adoption is irreversible unless the consent was obtained by fraud or duress. It may also be possible to undo it if you can prove that you were not competent to sign the consent at the time you signed it. But time is not on your side here. The longer you let this go the harder it will be to get it reversed.

If you want something other than undoing the adoption, you'll need to tell us what you are looking to accomplish.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">