• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adopting step son

Maricopa County, AZ.
I want to adopt my step son due to mothers emtional,physical abuse to her 10yr old son. She is drug user and is homeless she abandon her son for days. She stated she will kill herself numerous times to her son also exposing him to her attempt to commit suicide. However,i have filed to have her rights severance but i cannot serve her if i cannot find her. How else could i move forward with this process?


Senior Member
Step-parent adoptions
For information or assistance on a step-parent adoption, contact the County Attorney’s Office at (602) 372-5437 (602-372-kids).


That's for Maricopa County.

In any case, adoption is NOT a do-it-yourself project. Speak to an attorney.