• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption Again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touché

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas and Iowa (x husbands resident state)

I have been married several times and my first husband is the biological father of all 3 of my children. It was in the best interest of my children to be adopted by my 3rd husband, he did so even though he had never wanted children and did so only as a favor to me. We have been seperated for 6 years and divorced for 1 1/2 years, he has never asked to see the children and even refuses to see them when we were still living near him.

Last year I had the opportunity to marry a long time friend and love of my life. My husband was diagnosed with kidney cancer, it does not react to chemo or radiation and as of a few years ago was a death sentence. He wants to adopt the children, now 18, 16 and 15 and they all agree.
My questions are will a second adoption be feasable with x agreeing to adoption?
Also will his cancer be a factor?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas and Iowa (x husbands resident state)

I have been married several times and my first husband is the biological father of all 3 of my children. It was in the best interest of my children to be adopted by my 3rd husband, he did so even though he had never wanted children and did so only as a favor to me. We have been seperated for 6 years and divorced for 1 1/2 years, he has never asked to see the children and even refuses to see them when we were still living near him.

Last year I had the opportunity to marry a long time friend and love of my life. My husband was diagnosed with kidney cancer, it does not react to chemo or radiation and as of a few years ago was a death sentence. He wants to adopt the children, now 18, 16 and 15 and they all agree.
My questions are will a second adoption be feasable with x agreeing to adoption?
Also will his cancer be a factor?

Yes, and maybe.

Some jurisdictions are a little wary of terminally ill people adopting.

Touché

Seriously? This is the epitome of musical daddies.

IMO, of course.
It was not intended to be, first father was a danger to the children by the states own admission, if not for a judge that wanted to go fishing the father would not have had any contact. As it was because of Judge fisherman the biological father was again going to be allowed contact with the minor children. Third husband was kind enough to adopt to save them but did not want anything else to do with them.

Now my husband loves them and wants to take care of them and be responsable for them legally.

nextwife

Adoption is supposed to be FOREVER, not something you do as you change spouses. Why in heaven's name would you have wanted a man who you knew wanted NO children to become the FOREVER father of all three of your kids, and now you want them to again change daddys? Why would you want to keep putting your kids through this?

Touché

Yes, and maybe.

Some jurisdictions are a little wary of terminally ill people adopting.
Thank you :D,
as for the cancer he is lucky enough to be on a drug trial that was not available until a year or so ago. It is doing what nothing before could, his cancer is actually starting to shrink and his doc says he is the healthiest cancer patient he has seen.

Touché

Adoption is supposed to be FOREVER, not something you do as you change spouses. Why in heaven's name would you have wanted a man who you knew wanted NO children to become the FOREVER father of all three of your kids, and now you want them to again change daddys? Why would you want to keep putting your kids through this?
My first husband was a pediophile, I did not know this until my daughter was 3, first husband was not allowed to have contact with the children but when that same 3 year old turned 12 a judge who was in a hurry to go fishing decided that it was ok to let him have visitation again. Tried to stop this from happening and no go. Only way to stop it was to have them adopted.

I asked my children their wishs and they are more then enthusiastic to have step father adopt. I would not do it with out their ok.

Proserpina

My first husband was a pediophile, I did not know this until my daughter was 3, first husband was not allowed to have contact with the children but when that same 3 year old turned 12 a judge who was in a hurry to go fishing decided that it was ok to let him have visitation again. Tried to stop this from happening and no go. Only way to stop it was to have them adopted.

I asked my children their wishs and they are more then enthusiastic to have step father adopt. I would not do it with out their ok.

You know...I'm calling bs on this.

I'm sorry - it's so stereotypically L&O that ...heck, I've probably watched the same episode over the weekend.

Whatever you do and whatever your reasons, I really don't care. I wish your husband and the kids well.

BUT. I heavily doubt that a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE was allowed to have contact with his child simply because the judge wanted out for the weekend.

Unless of course that Dad truly does not represent a threat to anyone else and this is just another drama-laden post?

:confused:

Touché

You know...I'm calling bs on this.

I'm sorry - it's so stereotypically L&O that ...heck, I've probably watched the same episode over the weekend.

Whatever you do and whatever your reasons, I really don't care. I wish your husband and the kids well.

BUT. I heavily doubt that a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE was allowed to have contact with his child simply because the judge wanted out for the weekend.

Unless of course that Dad truly does not represent a threat to anyone else and this is just another drama-laden post?

:confused:
If you look at some of my old posts you will see me stating the same thing. He was not convicted because the prosecuter decided a 3 year old was to young to testify, even though we had physical proof. The same prosecuter was later fired for dropping to many charges and losing so many papers so she didn't have to work. It was even written up in the states newspaper, the des moines register "if you want to get away with murder go to Decatur Iowa"

and for the record I did not say he was CONVICTED, he may not have been convicted but later was accused of the same thing by HIS sister and a friend of his's 12 year old daughter.

Touché

Thank you to the people who actually answered the questions as to the other person, I have been a member here since April of 04 and have tried to be very polite to every one. I came to ask questions and have them answered and even have some questions asked of me. You did neither, you assumed and I feel sorry for you that you can accept that yes there are some strange cases out there and sometimes the system does FAIL. I appologize to the senior members if I have gotton out of line. I will try not to in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">