• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption of foreighn born teenage stepdaughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LEO7457

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina. I have a 16 year stepdaughter from Russia that I would like to adopt. She has had no contact with her Russian father since birth and she has been living with me and her mother since arrival here 4 years ago. The father has no known address at this point. How to I get around the parental consent to adopt issue in North Carolina law. Thanks for any help.

LEO7457

adoption of Russian born stepchild

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina. I have a 16 year stepdaughter from Russia that I would like to adopt. She has had no contact with her Russian father since birth and she has been living with me and her mother since arrival here 4 years ago. We have found the father's address in Russia. Do I send him a letter with delivery confirmation telling him that I am going to adopt the child. Then wait 30 days for a response. If no response from him can I to take the letter and the deilivery confirmation to the court. Am I following the adoption law correctly which states " An individual listed in G.S. 48‑3‑601 who has not executed a consent or a relinquishment and who fails to respond to a notice of the adoption proceeding within 30 days after the service of the notice ". Thanks for the help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">