• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? nevada

i was divorced 5 years ago but I am still raising my ex-husbands daughter. she lives with me permanently but he will not give me any rights to her. he does not support her at all. her mother left her when she was 3months old and she has nothing to do with her. my ex-husband did file for child support about a year ago and was awarded it. i am not sure if he still recieves it or not but he has never used it to support his daughter. how can i obtain some kind of legal rights to her? is it possible for me to adopt her?



If you lived in Indiana, under the conditions you described, you could adopt the child without his consent.

But the laws may differ in your state.

Schedule a free consultation with an attorney in your area and see if that would work in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential