• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Adult" abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Not open for further replies.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Australia

I live in Australia, but I really need assistance & dont know where to turn.
I have an 18yr old daughter who is making my life unbearable. (Im her mother)
She tells all my friends, colleagues & business associates vicious lies about me behind my back, saying things like Im a alcoholic/drug addict, I abuse her both physically & sexually, I spend my money on drugs & pornographic material etc etc.
I have seen letters & e-mails she has sent to the ever-decreasing few loyal associates I now have. They are slanderous & horriffic. Many just say "How could you do that to your own child, our business/relationship is terminated" I try to tell them I don't, but it makes no difference.
She has also stolen my contacts list (among other things) and has registered on a few forums that I frequent, spamming them up with slander about me. She also stalks me, both online & in real life. Ive asked her to stop repeatedly to which she replies "no way, im out to make your existence a living hell & destroy you totally"
I did nothing wrong, that i'm aware of.
If people abuse me in public & she's around, she'll laugh & go "There's somebody else who goes on my Christmas Card list"
She lies, steals, cheats, stalks, SWEARS & has made it perfectly clear that she wants me out of her life, YET she wont stay out of mine.
Its getting to the stage now, where I have no choice but to seek legal advice, to try & save whats left of my dignity & reputation.
I know this sounds horrible, but I want to divorce her. I can never forgive or forget the horrible things she is doing to me & sadly, I no longer consider myself as her mother & she has made it perfectly clear on MANY occasions, she wants me to "GTFO of her life"
What are my legal options here? she hasnt physically abused me, but the lost friendships & missed financial opportunities and disappearing money & files on my PC grows daily.
Ive tried kicking her out, but she wont leave. All help appreciated & this is not a "fly by night" or "she'll get over it" scenario. Its been happening for about 18 months now & is steadily getting worse, til I have reached the point of legal recourse. Thanking all in advance here. :)

Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential