• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adult child living in Parent's home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CBail

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania
My father is in a nursing home, and my adult sister is living in the house that is in his name. He was aware that she was living there because she has lived there since she was a child living with him. He now has dementia, but still recognizes her and says yes to her living there. He does not remember our brother, his son, because he rarely goes to visit him.
We realized recently that our brother has been entering the house while she is not there. Does he have a right to do this? Our father has not given permission. What are her rights concerning this? He does not have any keys to the house except for one to the garage door which he uses.
There is no power of attorney.

CBail

Can she live there if our father has dementia? Legally, I mean. He had previously given permission, but if his dementia gets worse, he may not remember.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">