• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adult children's health insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sharon valente

What is the name of your state?My state is California. My son is 20 years old and lives with me. If he needs medical care and can not pay his bill will I be responsible for it? If I pay for a health insurance policy for him, which is in his name only am I responsible for the the deductable?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
He is living with you. Is he otherwise self-supporting? Is he going to college? It can make a difference to the answer.

FirstChance

Try to look at it this way

If you have medical insurance through your employer, does your emplorer pay your deductable? are they responsible for your bill if you do not? In California when it comes to insurance there is a difference between the contract payor (you) and the primary insured (your son). You would not be responsible for any outstanding bills or deductables, those are the responsibility of the insured.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">