• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adult Webcam Site charges (Help asap)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? (Illinois)

So basically I used an adult web cam website and I paid for live chats via privacy card app (Virtual Credit Card). I would set the limits so when I was about to get billed, It would get declined. Now I got the email as I am about to state below. I saw many others had the same issue as I do currently, but don’t know how it ended.

Outstanding Balance

We have been notified by our billing company that they have processed a dispute from your card for $916.85.

We have logged your IP address, the chat logs, and all other information in regards to your use of P. This information will be submitted to the local law enforcement officials at the location of the IP address that we have verified with the Computer Crimes Department and if this proves to be you, you will be charged for felony credit card fraud and identity theft.

As a result of this fraud claim, this card has been blocked from being accepted at P. and all other websites our billing provider handles. Your account has also been closed and cannot be accessed.

We hope this was only a misunderstanding of the P terms of use, and we would prefer to avoid formalizing this process with your local law enforcement agency.

Again, your credit card is charged only when you access the pay areas of our site. The charges are a per minute charge and are clearly stated before you enter any pay areas.

On your P Account #XXXXXX, you currently have $916.85 in outstanding charges.

Make cashier's check or money order for $916.85 in US funds payable to:

XXXXXX

PERSONAL CHECKS OR CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

Please mail your cashier's check or money order in US funds to settle your account and avoid a police investigation:

[information removed]

I am all of a sudden starting to get refunds from the company that processes these payments. I have done my research and just wanted to confirm this is a scam. These emails seem very threatening with lots of demand. Please help someone

quincy

You could have an attorney in your area review the matter for you but I would ignore the site.

You could have an attorney in your area review the matter for you but I would ignore the site.
The thing is, do you see how I got my way around having to pay? But i also see other people had the same issue. I wanna hear how their issue ended.

quincy

The thing is, do you see how I got my way around having to pay? But i also see other people had the same issue. I wanna hear how their issue ended.
You could ask the ones you know who have received the same emails how it ended for them.

quincy

I recommend you stop visiting the site and, other than possibly forwarding the emails to IC3, I would ignore the emails.

I prefer not viewing “sketchy” websites but you can see an attorney in your area for a personal review of the emails and the facts of your use of the website, or, on the off chance you actually owe the money and are sued, you can see an attorney then.

What you have described sounds like a scam to me, though,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">