• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice for Condo Assessment/Fees Relief

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JS-Mullings

What is the name of your state? Illinois

What advice does anyone have for petitioning a condo board association for a reduction in monthly assessment? I live in a smaller condo building and my unit is larger than the other units. All units have 2 bedrooms. While I have no objections to the larger assessment for my unit, the rate is excessive. The rate is 2X the assessment of the other units and the amount is well over $500 a month.

The assessments have remained at about the same rate over most of the 4years that I've lived there, but then skyrcocketed last year. The budget was put into effect without my approval. What relief can I seek?

HomeGuru

JS-Mullings said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

What advice does anyone have for petitioning a condo board association for a reduction in monthly assessment? I live in a smaller condo building and my unit is larger than the other units. All units have 2 bedrooms. While I have no objections to the larger assessment for my unit, the rate is excessive. The rate is 2X the assessment of the other units and the amount is well over $500 a month.

The assessments have remained at about the same rate over most of the 4years that I've lived there, but then skyrcocketed last year. The budget was put into effect without my approval. What relief can I seek?
**A: you knew or should have known about the rate at which the condo calculates the fees fo your respective unit prior to your ownership. You have a long hard uphill battle that most likely will result in legal fees for nothing. If your rate is changed the bottom line would be that the other unit owners would be paying more. Would the majority of owners agree to paying more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">