• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice needed.Injury at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

civeni

Hi.

This has been eating away at me for sometime and i just wondered if i could get some info/advice here.

almost 2 years ago i was injured at work. I worked as a security guard for a company . My place of work was a vehicle rental company that hired the security services of the company that i was employed by.

I worked as a night guard on this site and had the same routine each night i worked. i would patrol the site hourly througout the night until 7am in the morning.i also opened up and unlocked all gates.

one morning at around 6am i had opened the gate to allow the first member of staff onsite, around 10 or 15 minutes later i went to do my last patrol following my normal route..

the first part of the route involves walking between 2 buildings to get to the onsite carpark. The gap between the 2 buildings is fairly narrow .

As i was began walking between the 2 buildings i walked straight into a open steel framed window and cut my forehead open pretty badly.

You maybe thinking well i should have been watching where i was going, but the truth is, i had been working a night shift so i knew that there were no windows open as it was my job to ensure that they were closed throughout the night.

however, the member of staff that i have let on site 10 mins earlier was obviously the one who had opened the window. At the time i did report it to the manager and he recorded it in the accident book.

anyway..I ended up having my forehead glued and i now have a one inch scar on my forehead.

The company acknowleged this accident and actually taped all of the potentially dangerous windows closed to prevent another accident.

Ive never been a person to take action and complain about things but now ,2 years have passed and i still have a noticeable scar on my forehead ,i wondered if anyone thought i would be successful in persueing this for compensation.

Just Blue

Hi.

This has been eating away at me for sometime and i just wondered if i could get some info/advice here.

almost 2 years ago i was injured at work. I worked as a security guard for a company . My place of work was a vehicle rental company that hired the security services of the company that i was employed by.

I worked as a night guard on this site and had the same routine each night i worked. i would patrol the site hourly througout the night until 7am in the morning.i also opened up and unlocked all gates.

one morning at around 6am i had opened the gate to allow the first member of staff onsite, around 10 or 15 minutes later i went to do my last patrol following my normal route..

the first part of the route involves walking between 2 buildings to get to the onsite carpark. The gap between the 2 buildings is fairly narrow .

As i was began walking between the 2 buildings i walked straight into a open steel framed window and cut my forehead open pretty badly.

You maybe thinking well i should have been watching where i was going, but the truth is, i had been working a night shift so i knew that there were no windows open as it was my job to ensure that they were closed throughout the night.

however, the member of staff that i have let on site 10 mins earlier was obviously the one who had opened the window. At the time i did report it to the manager and he recorded it in the accident book.

anyway..I ended up having my forehead glued and i now have a one inch scar on my forehead.

The company acknowleged this accident and actually taped all of the potentially dangerous windows closed to prevent another accident.

Ive never been a person to take action and complain about things but now ,2 years have passed and i still have a noticeable scar on my forehead ,i wondered if anyone thought i would be successful in persueing this for compensation.
Every thread you start, we ask you what state you are in. You, without fail, refuse to give us that vital information.

This site is for US law only. Each state has differing laws. Because you refuse to give us the state you are in, we can only surmise you're not in the United States and therefore we cannot assist you.

adjusterjack

Nobody's going to give you any information without your state. Go away.

quincy

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I will answer the question.

Assuming you are in any of the fifty United States, no. You will not be successful in pursuing this for compensation.

Why not?

Because in the US, your SOLE remedy for any work-related injury is the workers compensation system.

quincy

Some states allow for worker’s compensation claims to be filed two to five years after the incident that gave rise to the claim.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And most (not all, granted, but most) of those states have limitations on filing that long after the fact; for example, my state will allow a claim to be filed up to four years after the injury, but ONLY if it takes that long to make the connection between the injury and work. Certainly not the case here.

But I don't get the impression that the poster is looking to file a workers comp claim for payment of his medical bills; in fact, he states that the company took action to resolve the problem. I seriously doubt that they did that without a claim being filed and the medical bills covered.

It sounds to me more as if he wants a windfall.

quincy

And most (not all, granted, but most) of those states have limitations on filing that long after the fact; for example, my state will allow a claim to be filed up to four years after the injury, but ONLY if it takes that long to make the connection between the injury and work. Certainly not the case here.

But I don't get the impression that the poster is looking to file a workers comp claim for payment of his medical bills; in fact, he states that the company took action to resolve the problem. I seriously doubt that they did that without a claim being filed and the medical bills covered.

It sounds to me more as if he wants a windfall.
Windfalls are nice. :)

adjusterjack

If Feb, OP asked about workers comp attorneys. It's not like the concept is new to him.

I think he's a candidate for the stupid posters archive.

quincy

If Feb, OP asked about workers comp attorneys. It's not like the concept is new to him.

I think he's a candidate for the stupid posters archive.
I don’t think civeni really has any legal issue. I think civeni just likes to post random questions or make random comments in others’ threads. The number of reported and subsequently deleted posts and threads probably equal now those that remain.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don’t think civeni really has any legal issue. I think civeni just likes to post random questions or make random comments in others’ threads. The number of reported and subsequently deleted posts and threads probably equal now those that remain.
I won't argue with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">