• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice needed quickly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vonn

What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, California

My 15 yr old daughter recently went to an indoor mall with her friend who is 16 and her friend's sister who is 17. While at the mall the 17 year old decides that she is going to get a tongue piercing. And for some reason my daughter decides to get her tongue pierced also. The lady behind the counter ask for a parent signature, since I was not there, the 17 year old decides to pass as my daughter's guardian she does not show the lady her ID she just gives her a false #. The lady accepts this as proof and pierces my daughter's tongue. Do I have a case. If not how can I prevent this from happening to someone else.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Vonn said:
What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, California

My 15 yr old daughter recently went to an indoor mall with her friend who is 16 and her friend's sister who is 17. While at the mall the 17 year old decides that she is going to get a tongue piercing. And for some reason my daughter decides to get her tongue pierced also. The lady behind the counter ask for a parent signature, since I was not there, the 17 year old decides to pass as my daughter's guardian she does not show the lady her ID she just gives her a false #. The lady accepts this as proof and pierces my daughter's tongue. Do I have a case. If not how can I prevent this from happening to someone else.

My response:

Have the piercing removed by a doctor. That will establish damages and the fact that an assault & battery occurred. Then, sue the shop owner for assault & battery in Small Claim court.

IAAL

jity

LOL and that will get her $25.00 refunded??? + the doctor’s visit (IF) and since the 15 year old was a contributing factor in the decision making process of (fraud) of the 17 year old who allowed it to happen, I highly doubt they have a claim against the store owners since the 17 year old probably signed something stating such. She has no claim, unless the parents can prove that the store should have known otherwise. She has more of a claim against the 17 YO, but bottom line the 15 year old ALLOWED it to happen and IMO a judge will say the same.

BelizeBreeze

jity said:
LOL and that will get her $25.00 refunded??? + the doctor’s visit (IF) and since the 15 year old was a contributing factor in the decision making process of (fraud) of the 17 year old who allowed it to happen, I highly doubt they have a claim against the store owners since the 17 year old probably signed something stating such. She has no claim, unless the parents can prove that the store should have known otherwise. She has more of a claim against the 17 YO, but bottom line the 15 year old ALLOWED it to happen and IMO a judge will say the same.
So far you have not given one iota of proof that you have any background with which to answer questions on this forum.

So, either refrain from your cutsie remarks or find a visit from the administration in your future. We have enough trolls already.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">