• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on Stupid Mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



In the summer of 1995 I was arrested in northern N.J., 14 driving hours from my residence at the time. I was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana, which is pretty much just a fine. After talking with a lawyer friend I decided (wrongly) not to go back.
I had not had a problem with the incident until I moved to North Carolina and attempted to transfer my driver's license--the charge came up. Well, I have to drive (as most do), so I need to clear the charge. My question is this: What are my options in this predicament? I have not consulted a lawyer yet. I would greatly appreciate any educated advice. Thanks for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential