• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice please, thanks!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state? VA
VA Child Support Enforcement (CSE) intercepted a tax return, alleged I owed 25K in arrearages and placed the debt in my credit file. This was done on behalf of North Carolina CSE. I hired a local attorney and filed an appeal.

Case was dismissed in August 2003, VA CSE allowed for a period of over 60 days for NC CSE to refile and contest the dismissal and they didn't. However VA CSE is refusing to provide me with anything official stating that the arrearage was not owed even though entries for the account is being removed from my credit file. What recourse do I have if they tried to reintroduce this debt at a later date and time.

I spent a substansitial amount time and money in defending myself and don't want to go through this again. Is they anything I can file in civil court to compel VA CSE to provide me something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential