• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AlwaysME

What is the name of your state? Kansas

In April of 2016 the small town we live in brought a suit against my husband and myself for a nuisance yard, we got it all cleaned up and the mayor and a city council member stopped by to tell us we had done a great job and the suit would be taken care of. Then in April of 2018 we get a letter stating they are moving forward with the suit and had a date/time we needed to appear before the district judge for a case management hearing. Apparently they just put the suit on hold.
According to the city council and city attorney we allowed it to get bad (we had a house fire Nov. 11, 2017 and lost everything) the gutted structure was removed from the property by Feb 2018. So the nuisance has been abated but according to the city council/attorney the suit will stay in place until we sell our ground.
What is their point in this? What should we do?
Thanks in advance!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm assuming this has nothing to do with Civil Rights or Discrimination law (which is the forum you posted this in).

There is no way we can tell what their "point" is. What you should do is to consult with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">