• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice/question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

djy1

What is the name of your state? Georgia.I have been helping out with my Grandmother she is 88 years old and she is unable to walk so we had to lift her and now I have a slipped disc from lifting.Should her Nephew be liable since I was on his property. Thank You djy1

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

djy1 said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia.I have been helping out with my Grandmother she is 88 years old and she is unable to walk so we had to lift her and now I have a slipped disc from lifting.Should her Nephew be liable since I was on his property. Thank You djy1

My response:

Since you were acting in the capacity of a voluntary "Good Samaritan", your nephew is not liable for what you decide to do.

Ga. Code Ann. §51-1-29

"Any person . . . who in good faith renders emergency care . . . without making any charge therefor shall not be liable for any civil damages as a result of any act or omission by such person in rendering emergency care or as a result of any act or failure to act . . . or care for the injured person."

And, besides, what was HIS negligence in this matter; i.e., what duty did he owe to you, and what duty did he breach, when you volunteered to help him pick up Grandma?

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">