• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ryan1982

NJ-
I rented a house several years ago and recently learned that the landlord was being sued for an incident that occurred while we resided there. One of our guests burned herself on a hot pipe that was exposed. She decided to seek civil litigation against the landlord and now the landlord has opted to file a civil suit against the renters. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ryan1982

???

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Does anyone know where I stand in terms of liability? Thanks.

BelizeBreeze

ryan1982 said:
Has anyone been in a similar situation? Does anyone know where I stand in terms of liability? Thanks.
The answer to that question depends ENTIRELY on the facts of the situation, which you have not relayed to us, and any negligence on your part. No one can answer your question based on the lack of facts in your post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">