• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advisable to meet with the person being sued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmontgomery_454

Hi I'm asking this on behalf of a friend. She has recently served her ex-boyfriend for posessions and a certain amount of money. He received the papers and she recently told me that he wants to sit down and talk about things not pertaining to the case. Now I recently have an issue that I am dealing with and my lawyer told me that once papers have been served then I should have no contact what so ever with the other party. So my question is, would it be advisable for her to go meet with him on a one on one in a public restaurant, or could this possibly be some way of getting evidence from her that he may be able to use in court?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi I'm asking this on behalf of a friend. She has recently served her ex-boyfriend for posessions and a certain amount of money. He received the papers and she recently told me that he wants to sit down and talk about things not pertaining to the case. Now I recently have an issue that I am dealing with and my lawyer told me that once papers have been served then I should have no contact what so ever with the other party. So my question is, would it be advisable for her to go meet with him on a one on one in a public restaurant, or could this possibly be some way of getting evidence from her that he may be able to use in court?
US Law Only!

But, there's a REASON he's an ex...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">