• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aerial Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hmgroux83

My neighbor and Oncor had asked if I would sign an aerial easement.

I went ahead and did it without asking my husband first. My husband is upset about this and I honestly didn't really know what I was signing anyways.
I know that's bad. I was just trying to be a good neighbor.

Since then they put an electric pole on our property. Is that legal seeing how I only agreed to an aerial easement?

Just Blue

I went ahead and did it without asking my husband first. My husband is upset about this and I honestly didn't really know what I was signing anyways.

Since then they put an electric pole on our property. Is that legal seeing how I only agreed to an aerial easement?
What state?

adjusterjack

Oncor is in Texas.

Is that legal seeing how I only agreed to an aerial easement?
You just wrote that you didn't know what you were signing. It would be a good idea to take a copy to a lawyer. You did keep a copy, didn't you?

I went ahead and did it without asking my husband first. My husband is upset about this
No kidding.

Texas is a community property state. I think one spouse can obligate the other to a contract without the other's knowledge or signature.

Since then they put an electric pole on our property.
My guess is that there is no unringing of that bell.

zddoodah

No one who hasn't read the document you signed can intelligently advise you. That you have slapped the label "aerial easement" on this thing (and even if that's what it says at the top of the document) is, by itself, meaningless.

quincy

The utility already had a ground easement through your property and the property of your neighbor, correct?

The aerial easement is needed when poles/wires are to be built on the utility’s ground easement. The aerial easement keeps property owners from building too close to the overhead wires.

You should read your property documents to learn about the utility’s current ground easement and what the aerial easement now means for you and for building on your property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">