• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Affair?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jalisa

My husband and I are currently trying to get a divorce. Our marriage began to fall apart when I discovered he had been cheating on me besides all of the other problems we had been going through. I tried to forgive him, but it didn't seem to work. As far as I know he hasn't cheated again since then. But my feelings for him changed so drastically that our marriage was irreperable.

I tried to break the marriage up several times after that, but he kept convincing me to hang on. Durring that time I began going online and flirting and even had a sex chat. He says that he can claim adultury. I have never physically done anything with anyone. He is using all of this as a battle for our children. Is flirting online and a sex chat adultury? And if it was...since he and I have stayed together since that happened and had marital relations...as we did after he cheated physically can he still use it against me?

He knew that our marriage was going to fall apart. All of the times he asked me to stay and try to make things work, I found out that it wasn't to stay together, but it was because I had a good custody case against him...and he needed to make one against me so he spent those months collecting anything he could on me, including secretly recorded staged fights between us, breaking into my email accounts to get emails things of that nature.

He can do all of this because his job is a computer related job, and also since I just work in a store, the only computer I use is our home computer. He knows all sorts of computer secrets that | don't know.

All I want is a friendly separation because that is what is best for our kids, but instead it is becoming a nightmare of games. I am not good at games. I don't know how to play them.

He is even saying now that he will only let me have a limited divorce so that I may never remarry or have any relationship again.

Thank you for any advice

Oh I live in VA

LegalBeagle

jalisa said:
My husband and I are currently trying to get a divorce. Our marriage began to fall apart when I discovered he had been cheating on me besides all of the other problems we had been going through. I tried to forgive him, but it didn't seem to work. As far as I know he hasn't cheated again since then. But my feelings for him changed so drastically that our marriage was irreperable.

I tried to break the marriage up several times after that, but he kept convincing me to hang on. Durring that time I began going online and flirting and even had a sex chat. He says that he can claim adultury. I have never physically done anything with anyone. He is using all of this as a battle for our children. Is flirting online and a sex chat adultury? And if it was...since he and I have stayed together since that happened and had marital relations...as we did after he cheated physically can he still use it against me?

He knew that our marriage was going to fall apart. All of the times he asked me to stay and try to make things work, I found out that it wasn't to stay together, but it was because I had a good custody case against him...and he needed to make one against me so he spent those months collecting anything he could on me, including secretly recorded staged fights between us, breaking into my email accounts to get emails things of that nature.

He can do all of this because his job is a computer related job, and also since I just work in a store, the only computer I use is our home computer. He knows all sorts of computer secrets that | don't know.

All I want is a friendly separation because that is what is best for our kids, but instead it is becoming a nightmare of games. I am not good at games. I don't know how to play them.

He is even saying now that he will only let me have a limited divorce so that I may never remarry or have any relationship again.

Thank you for any advice

Oh I live in VA
He is full of crap and trying to scare you.. which it seems is working.

Flirting on line or even full blown cybersex is no adultery.

He can not put conditions on your divorce in the way he is suggesting.

I suggest you clear all your personal stuff of the home computer and discontinue using it. He will probably find this site too via the history or the cache.

Go and retain your own family law attorney. You have no choice if you wish to fight for custody of the children. He is going to try everything he can to scare and intimidate you, get your attorney and then you will find out he knows nothing. Get your attorney to file for legal seperation so it freezes everything and gives you temp custody.

Do it NOW!! before things REALLY get bad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">