• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After 1 month, roommates want me to move out. 11 months left on lease. And I just filed for bankruptcy. Can they kick me out? What are their legal opt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wiggybrain

What is the name of your state? Illinois
In Chicago.
The reason they stated is they feel I've taken over the apartment and are unhappy so they want me to move.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Illinois
In Chicago.
The reason they stated is they feel I've taken over the apartment and are unhappy so they want me to move.
Have you taken over the apartment? In what way do they consider you to be taking over?

wiggybrain

Have you taken over the apartment? In what way do they consider you to be taking over?
No I have not taken over the apartment. I'm just the only one who moved in with furniture such as a kitchen table, coffee table, and 2 wheelchairs which I use as seating. Which I've said and been pretty clear is for everyone to use. Much like my kitchen stuff which they do use all the time.

FarmerJ

So perhaps you should store more of your things in your locked room and since you are renting a room, tell them your not going to leave before your lease is up , if any of them threatens you call the police. if they assault you call the police, if they steal any of your things call the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">