• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After Divorce is Final...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

graywalker

What is the name of your state? Mississippi.

Situation: Divorce was final on August 21, 2002. I posted a rant about my ex-wife and the problems we had. She found it and spread it around to all of our friends, making them angry with me.
She also, from what I understand, burned all of my remaining posessions that were stored at our home. If she indeed did do this, then I will have pictures from the scene of the burning.

Do I have any legal recourse?
We had a no-fault divorce that went off without a hitch. The value of the items is not over $2,000.00 I would say. I had told her that I would be sending her $200.00 or more to help with divorce costs, but am NOT going to do that now, I don't think.

racer72

What we have here is an old fashion pissing contest. What you did was uncalled for and your ex proved she is as immature as you by reciprocating. And what will picture of the scene of the burning prove? Not much. You both need to grow up and get on with your lives. Dragging things out like this just to get back at each other will do nothing but make the situation worse. Be a man, walk away and get on with your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">