• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After Divorce Property Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I received a divorce from my husband for "inappropriate marital conduct" in Tennessee in March '01. He was in the military and we were stationed in Germany when he had an affair and got a female soldier pregnant. We didn't have much, so I believed him when he said that he would pay me for the car we had in Germany (which had been a wedding present from my parents). Big mistake. He has since separated from the military, moved to Hawaii with the new family and has "disappeared". It appears that he forged my name on the title (it was in both our names, unfortunately) and sold the car before leaving Germany. It was worth $10,000 to $12,000. What are my options? How can I find out if he did sell the car in Germany? Is this a criminal matter, too?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential