• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

after my mom died insurance denied ALL claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pppips

State: NJ

My mother worked full time as commissioned salesperson for over 25 years with same company. In october 1999 she became ill and was hospitalized for approx 4 weeks. hospitalized again in feb. 2000 for about 6 weeks. hopsitalized again from 6/17/00 to 8/22/00, when she died. all through hospitalizations, insurance company was paying claims, and employer continued to pay premiums. after she died, insurance company claimed she was not entitled to insurance because she was not a full-time employee. all claims from 6/17/00 on were denied. drs. who were paid were contacted to return payments. my mother was never notified that she was ineligible for insurance. no cobra was offered. so we believed she was covered. now claims are being sent to medicare. she did not have medicare part b so all outpatient claims are being denied. they are coming to her estate for payment. how could her insurance be denied because she was sick and could not work fulltime? her medical bills totaled approx. $320,000.

ALawyer

This is an outrageous case of a foul up and blame shifting. You'll definitely NEED A CAPABLE LAWYER familiar with insurance matters and prepared to go after the employer and insurance company. You will only further foul things up trying to handle this on your own. Sorry, but with $300,000 plus at stake there is no other way to get this resolved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">