• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AG Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jasontor

I filed a fair housing complaint. The investigator from the AG's office did not interview all the people listed in the complaint, including the most important person who knew the entire issue from both sides. My question is: Does the investigator have to interview all the people named in the complaint? Does the AG's office by law have a certain amount of time to to contact me after I've filed the complaint? Do I have the right to know why they did not interview everyone named in the complaint? What can I do about it?

doucar

Does the investigator have to interview all the people named in the complaint? No
Does the AG's office by law have a certain amount of time to to contact me after I've filed the complaint? No
Do I have the right to know why they did not interview everyone named in the complaint?
What can I do about it? No harm in asking them, but understand they do not have to talk to you.
There is no law requiring what you asked.

quincy

Here is a link to Arizona’s Attorney General website and the Civil Rights Division, with frequently asked questions which address times for filing and the time within which most Fair Housing complaints are resolved:

https://www.azag.gov/civil-rights/faq

A person (generally) has one year to file a housing complaint. Fair housing investigations into the complaints are (generally) completed and the cases resolved within 100 days from the filing of the complaint.

zddoodah

I doubt very much that anyone here will have a working knowledge of the procedural rules applicable to your situation. That said, the obvious starting point for your last question is to make calls to the AG's office, including the investigator.

quincy

Asking the investigator (if the name of the investigator is known) seems a logical first step.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">