• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

age and prescriptions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

topazstone

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania. I just recently changed to my employers prescription plan.( My employer is Eckerd.) I have been taking Celebrex for the last year or more. When I went to get the prescription filled under the new plan, it was denied because according to my new plan I am supposed to be 65 or older before they will approve it!! I am 40. Isn't this age discrimination? I have been diagnosed with arthritis and celebrex is the only medication that helps. I have xrays and MRI's to prove it. How can they tell me I must be 65 or older to get the medication? Thanks

lkc15507

Yuck! You work for Eckerd, a pharmacy benefit administrator, and you want to fight with them about a prescription? You go girl! Talk about an uphill battle. But, first question is: who is the insurer? Does Eckerd insure you or have they purchased another plan? Do they offer you a reasonable alternative to the Celebrex? Have you submitted a written appeal of the decision? Have you done your research regarding any alternative that they might offer vs. the Celebrex? Just some questions. I'll help if I can. LKC15507

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
"I am 40. Isn't this age discrimination? "

Nope, 'fraid not. A recent US Supreme Court case ruled that is IS legal and does NOT constitute age discrimination to offer a benefit to older workers and not to younger ones.

(General Dynamics Land Systems, Inc. v. Cline, U.S. Sup. Ct., No. 02-1080, 2004)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">