• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age of Determination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nwetmoresr

Florida

I would like to know, at what age can a child of divorced parents determine which parent they wish to live with?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Shoot. I wish I'd known that I could have chosen where to live at the age of 14. I would have chosen to live at my best friend's house. Her mom always let her eat spaghettios...

Isis1

aww. nuts. i just realized i'm not getting paid for this....so OP, YOU read it.

http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/tfbresources.nsf/attachments/416879c4a88cbf0485256b29004bfaf8/$file/311famlaw.pdf?openelement

Silverplum

Was that a "Thank you, Isabella and Geekess" that I missed here?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Someday, you two nice ladies will learn to "allow" such posters to find and use the search function. ;)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oftentimes, people confuse things. Children younger than 18 may be allowed to give input as to where they would like to live, but the judge actually makes the choice.

Humusluvr

I love to bust the bubbles of teens who think they know it all. :p
And parents who woo their kids to live with them, hoping to nix their child support. Deceiving the kiddos into thinking it will be SOOOO much more fun at dad's since he won't make them follow the rules, or at mom's where she'll buy him all of Toyz R Us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">