• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

txfarmgirl

What is the name of your state? Texas

How old must a child be to decide which parent he wants to live with in a divorce situation?

txfarmgirl

????

I find it hard to believe that a judge doesn't take into consideration the wants of a child of a reasonable age (11-17)

BelizeBreeze

txfarmgirl said:
I find it hard to believe that a judge doesn't take into consideration the wants of a child of a reasonable age (11-17)
You can find it hard to believe all the way to your 18th birthday but the fact is, you are still a child and do NOT get to make that decision.

On your 18th birthday you can decide for yourself how to live.

VeronicaGia

txfarmgirl said:
So using that reasoning, a child should be able to decide to quit school, get married, stop brushing their teeth and who to live with period, meaning if they want to live with their new squeeze, they should be able to, right?

This is why children are called children and adults are called adults. Children have no business making adult decisions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">