• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agency Failure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Elviebee

Arizona
I hired an agency to assist me with my J1 visa application as teacher for 3500 usd. Part of the contract I signed with them is that they will assist me with obtaining an ssn and opening a bank account when I reach the USA prior to reporting to my host school and others. They told me they were too busy and cant perform this.
What is the best thing that i may ask them if they fail to assist me with these ? what are my rights? how will I pay them?

Last edited:

Elviebee

They told me they will be sending me a waiver. For the details I dont know and not said to me. I told them I will not sign the waiver. Am I right?

LdiJ

They told me they will be sending me a waiver. For the details I dont know and not said to me. I told them I will not sign the waiver. Am I right?
Applying for a Social Security Number once you have obtained your J1 visa is not a difficult thing to do. Opening a bank account is very simple once you have obtained your Social Security Number. I suspect that someone at your new job would help you with the Social Security Number, but honestly, it's just a matter of filling out an application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">