• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agreement for New Office Location

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbonilla

Hello,

I have a corporation registered in Maryland and am opening a new office that will be fully operated and managed by someone else. The corporation will own a 30% stake in this new office, which will operate using the corporation's name/logo/etc. Additionally, all initial expenses (office equipment/supplies/furniture/etc.) will be covered by the company. I am just curious what sort of legal document I should be seeking to make for this type of thing. It's not exactly an operating agreement or a franchise agreement I don't think. Perhaps a General Partnership? If someone could steer me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Chris

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello,

I have a corporation registered in Maryland and am opening a new office that will be fully operated and managed by someone else. The corporation will own a 30% stake in this new office, which will operate using the corporation's name/logo/etc. Additionally, all initial expenses (office equipment/supplies/furniture/etc.) will be covered by the company. I am just curious what sort of legal document I should be seeking to make for this type of thing. It's not exactly an operating agreement or a franchise agreement I don't think. Perhaps a General Partnership? If someone could steer me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Chris
Frankly, for a matter of this complexity and import, you should be speaking with an attorney for assistance/guidance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

quincy

Your link worked for me as posted. The "%20" is how a space is encoded in URL's.
Yes but I cannot get the link to work as-is, though. Does it work for you?

Never mind. It works for me now.

My phone is acting screwy.

quincy

It did - I just clicked and it worked (Firefox on a Mac)
I have had issues before with posting links with "%" in them. Instead of what I linked to, after posting the links when I click on them I get a Safari message. :unsure:

But the link works for me now ... so I remain confused.

At any rate, I agree with your advice to cbonilla that s/he seeks legal assistance in Maryland.

cbonilla

Thank you guys. Yeah that's what I figured/intend on doing, but wanted to have a bit of background before going in.

quincy

Thank you guys. Yeah that's what I figured/intend on doing, but wanted to have a bit of background before going in.
The information from the AG should be helpful but for drafting an agreement that specifically meets your wants and needs, consulting with a legal professional in your area seems wise.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">