• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agricultural fences

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jzoer

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I cannot find the Indiana code or law specifying if there is a maximun height requirement/restriction for internal fences on agricultural land. By "internal", I mean a fence within the property that is not near any property lines or boundaries. Also, are permits needed for internal fences on agricultural land? For example, if you put a fence around your garden inside your property, would you need a permit for that?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I cannot find the Indiana code or law specifying if there is a maximun height requirement/restriction for internal fences on agricultural land. By "internal", I mean a fence within the property that is not near any property lines or boundaries. Also, are permits needed for internal fences on agricultural land? For example, if you put a fence around your garden inside your property, would you need a permit for that?
It depends on your specific county ordinances. So you won't find an answer in the state codes.

HRZ

Farmers may have extra latitude to protect crops and livestock .....contact county farm bureau as well.

LdiJ

Farmers may have extra latitude to protect crops and livestock .....contact county farm bureau as well.
I don't know how helpful the Indiana Farm Bureau would be with county permit laws for fences on farms. However, it would not hurt to try calling them. If they don't know they might know who to refer you to. Speaking with a real estate attorney could be helpful and even some of your other local farmers may provide information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">